I feel bad. The imaginary people who read my previous blog post might’ve been teased by my horrible pictures and mapping of my Vegan ‘Mac N Cheese’ concoctions. I commuted to and from work today and picked up some groceries while getting rained on. Rain and wetness after work is ideal. Although, rain and wetness before work is completely opposite and absolutely uncomfortable.
I have decided to write a recipe blog draft first, make my food and enjoy and then update any changes before publishing to insure happy imaginary readers. I may just make the best damn Vegan ‘macNcheese’ concept ever and obtain wetness again. We will see.
Blind recipe MAP:
Could you imagine the difficulty involved in cooking without eyesight. Could you imagine not having the sense of taste or smell while preparing a meal. Can you imagine the smell and taste of food before you even start?? This is how I map my recipes. Of course, tweaking is obvious, but it ain’t much.
Know your ingredients. Wonder their possibilities!
- Macaroni, cooked in Cashew Milk
- Cashew Milk
- Quinoa, black & cooked in Cashew Milk
- Lentils, pre-cooked in water
- Daiya, ‘cheddar’
And that’s as far as I got. I enjoyed a few beers and made my food.
It was delicious. And being Vegan, only plants were not tortured, but genocidely murdered in the process of this Daiya-Roni. Have fun!
I’ve been a big fan of Jon and his videos from Vegan Zombie since before my even Vegetarian days. I saw their post today of Nacho Cheese and took a watch, yo!
I live in an area where eating out Vegan is almost nonexistent. One, because most (family) restaurants cannot be trusted to be true Vegan. Two, for the buck, it isn’t worth it. Three, I am a damn good cook and love knowing every single ingredient AND quality of every ingredient.
I watched The Vegan Zombie Nacho Cheese video and it’s been the first in awhile that I’ve seen of theirs. I must be moving up a notch in the Vegan world, because I had almost every single ingredient needed to make their Nacho Cheese and to give it my own flair. I just needed some seasonings. That’s all. I did not make yo cheese, but I made me some of that there Nacho Cheese. It was so good! I took the “Z” and gave a “Ⓥ” basically for super Veganism and then turned Apocolypse into more “Nacho” sounding with cheese as cheese. A-nacho-lipso
I’m removing “Cheese”.
Ⓥombie Anacholypso ingredients:
- Cashews, raw or not
- Walnuts, raw or not
- Broth, Veggie
- Cilantro, freshly chopped
- Peppers (green, red & yellow), roasted and skinned
Mixed in a blender. Served smothering the life out of Tortilla Chips garnished with Cilantro. I also threw some store-bought Salsa Verde on them as well. Went extremely well together.
Props to the Vegan Zombie for being cool, funny and always having great ideas. Recipes are guidelines. Never follow to a “T”.
In other news, I will be obtaining some Follow Your Heart Vegan Egg as soon as Monday. And I am ecstatic! Work hard, play harder! CHEERS
I almost forgot….
Last Friday was my Ⓥirthday! I am three. Three years Vegetarian and now bettered by Veganism. I made some Vegan desserts! Please drink good beers and eat Vegan food responsibly:) Bike ride tomorrow!
Grilled Daiya sandwich ingredients:
- Daiya, ‘Cheddar’ & ‘Mozzarella’
- Wheat Bread, toasted on one side
- Vegenaise Upgraded
- Grilled Eggplant, NonGMOProjectVerified & diced
- Seitan, NonGMOProjectVerified/Chipotle&Diced
- Tortilla Chips & Sriracha, for side or something else
Vegenaise Upgraded ingredients:
- Vegenaise, mmm
- Mustard, organic
- Cucumber, diced without seeds
- Onion, diced
- Tomato, diced and strained
- Toast one side of Wheat Bread and smother bottom with Hummus and top with Vegenaise Upgraded w/ eggplant on top of Hummus and Seitan on top of Vegenaise Upgraded & broil
- Add Generous amounts of Daiya to both sided and broil
- Put sandwich together and grill (cast iron skillet) on both sides
- Cut in half diagonal if you dare
- Serve with a side or Tortilla Chips with Sriracha
Super quick and super easy is ideal for a solid lunch. Happy Wednesday!