Thoughts go out to those affected by another incident in our cruel world today. My dream of a perfect world only grows stronger. What if a perfect world will never coincide with Earth? Perhaps colonizing another planet to start over is the only way. What if we screen every single being prior to entering this perfect world? Let’s question their mental stability. How is their work ethic? What is their intelligence, eating habits and lifestyle? A positive contribution is a must. Guns would not be allowed because they would not be needed. In fact, weapons would be a thing of the past and belong only in museums. Renewable energy is the only energy. Gasoline, coal, oil would be prehistoric. Environmentally friendly technology and transportation would rule this world. Communities would love riding bicycles to work to work hard. A stable plant-based society would never harm a single animal as animals roam freely and carefree. What is crime? What is money? People used to eat animals!? Let the people that make our word a cruel, cruel place continue to kill a once beautiful world while the righteous move on and evolve appropriately.
Yesterday was my very first experience buying, cooking and consuming Earth Balance Vegan ‘butter’. It was extremely enjoyable and I’m officially now a lifelong customer. Along with Vegenaise, Earth Balance is better than animal-based dairy. SERIOUSLY. It could be the evolution of my palate, but serious tastiness anyway you consume these wonderful plant-based products is a no brainer.
Saturday night, immediately after work, I went for a ride via towpath to drink some beers and make a small night out of it. I noticed the super moon and was extremely impressed with the visuality of a normally immensely dark (death metal) towpath. I still used my light, but would’ve been fine without my NiteRider Lumina 700. When the moon casts shadows, you (me) know its close to our earth. For the second time this year, I completed a (my) local bars Hall of Foam where you get your name on a plaque for drinking 50 different beers. It was a great night! (Warning: not all in one night)
Here in northern Illinois, it has been unseasonably warm this September. And yesterday was the first Fall-like day this year (2015:). Chili (and Soup) season is HERE! Last night, after work, I had to make a buttery pasta with the amazing Earth Balance. I decided to make a Mexicano (Ⓥ) Pasta and I’ll just go ahead and call it Mexicano Ⓥasta.
- Earth Balance ‘butter’, mmmmmmmmm
- Garlic, minced
- Carrot, sliced small longways
- Onion, (red) diced
- Sweet Potato, WITH PEEL ON (try it!) chopped
- Cilantro, I used frozen cubes
- Kale, frozen & NONGMOProjectVerified
- Corn, kernels
- Tomato, grape sliced
- Rice, Jasmine & cooked
- Lentils, cooked
- Radish, sliced
- Mushroom, sliced
- Eggplant, chopped
- Squash, Zucchini & chopped
- Angel Hair pasta, cooked al dente & not rinsed
- Thickening agent, instant mashed potatoes
T minus ______ until blastoff:
- Added a bit of Oil to heated pan and sautéed Garlic with Carrot, Sweet Potato, Onion & Eggplant while cooking Jasmine Rice and Lentils on another burner.
- I added seasonings, Corn, BalsamicVinegar & Zucchini, covering for a few minutes.
- Once Rice/Lentils are done, I strained and added with Earth balance ‘butter’, Cilantro, Tomato, Radish & Mushroom, covering on a simmer.
- I cooked Angel Hair (Capellini for those Italians:) al dente and strained. If you’d like, a little Oil on pasta…
- I added a few pinches of instant mashed potatoes as a thickening agent and served over plated pasta!
VeggHead BeerCyclist 4.22