My choice of Vegan lifestyle obviously started with the easy decision of Vegetarianism close to three years ago. And while maintaining 100% Vegetarian lifestyle, I progressively made Vegan adaptations.
Social media is a tool and often a tool for me to reference statistics or dates. Today I’m gonna search through my social diary in Twitter. At some point in my life, I want to write a book with basically just my tweets.
- First purposely #VeganVriday was 1.9.15
- First purposely #VeganVeekend was 5.29.15
I did not survive every VeganFriday and I think I failed only one VeganWeekend after starting. I did, however, notice a difference in my digestive system and stomach between Vegetarianism and Veganism. Ultimately bringing me to the no-brainer decision of upgrading vegetarianism into Veganism as of 7.8.15.
I resurrected my very first “real” bicycle in honor of his second birthday on September 22nd, in a 2014 Trek CrossRip. I’ve named him the HulkRip. I’ve ridden him through hell and back at over 7,000 km. He needed new cables, brakes, chain, cassette, chain ring and tape and pedals which I put on. He sat up at the bike shop for a good month awaiting a chain keeper. I’d like to keep HulkRip rideable for a long long time. And rode him for the first time in months yesterday. Happy Birthday, HulkRip!
- Tofu, soft
- Soyrizzo, had to add another ‘z’ because I’m a cubbies fan
- Mushroom, sliced
- Sunflower Seeds, shelled & I used non salted
- Garlic, minced
- Radish, sliced
- Onion, Diced and julienne sliced
- Green Pepper, shorter julienne sliced
- Tomato, beefsteak diced and grape-whole
- Earth Balance ‘butter’, mmmmm
- Jasmine Rice, cooked
- Lentils, cooked
- Kale, frozen & NonGMO mmm
- Eggplant, chopped
- Zucchini, chopped
- Sweet Potato, chopped w/ skin
- Red Potato, chopped w/ skin
- Russet Potato, chopped w/ skin
- Cilantro, frozen cubes mmm
- Serrano & Hot Peppers, diced
- Veggie Broth
I actually started out making a breakfast stir-fry and severely enjoyed it before later making into soup.
- Cook Rice and Lentils together while stir-frying and later drain before adding.
- Heat Oil and add Garlic, Hot Peppers, Potatoes, diced Onion and Eggplant.
- Add Tofu, Soyrizzo, Sunflower Seeds and diced Tomato. Cover and sauté.
- Add Seasonings, Rice/Lentils and BalsamicVinegar with generous Earth balance! Cover
- Always stir occasionally…duh
- Add Kale, Zucchini, Green Pepper, Julienne Onion, Radish, Mushroom, Cilantro& Grape Tomatoes
- Can’t forget the SPINACH
- Cover and simmer low