A go-to quick and inexpensive sandwich that I’m hooked on keeps my belly and wallet happy.
I love Vegan food that is basically all ready prepared as a meat substitute, but it is rarely on the cheaper side. I have actually documented the price of the ingredients and would like to continue with 10 different ideas over the next few weeks.
Go-To Ⓥ Sandwich ingredients:
- Hamburger-less Bun, toasted
- Frozen Hash Brown Patty, baked or pan-fried
- Iceberg Lettuce, torn and folded
- Mustard, generously splashy
- Tortilla Chips, on the side and/or on the sandwich 🙂
Go-To Ⓥ Sandwich Cost Science:
- Buns (8) = $1.50 & $0.18 per serving
- HashBrown Patties (10) = $2.00 & $0.20 per serving
- Lettuce (5-7) = $1.77 & $0.22 per serving
- Mustard (136) = $1.75 & $0.02 per serving
- Tortilla Chips (13) = $2.00 & $0.16 per serving
I’m definitely not saying this should be consumed every day for every meal. It is, however, cheaper and healthier than fast food. It is also cheaper than using Ⓥ Boca patties. And I find them extremely satisfying. I still love my Ⓥ Boca patties, just can’t afford them all of the time especially if you are as thirsty as me. CHEERS at a whopping 79 cents per serving for this meal.
Veganism doesn’t have to be as expensive of a lifestyle as some of us can make it to be. Overall, the satisfaction of eating to BETTER the world and to BETTER ourselves is priceless no matter the price tag.