Low Budget Ⓥegan 3/10
Chicago-style Vegan Hot Dogs could be a bit cheaper depending on the quality of your Veggies. Any time I’m eating raw Veggies, I tend to be pickier on quality. These are super quick and easy to make and even easier to devour.
Chicago-style Vegan Hot Dog ingredients:
- Smart Dogs, grilled or boiled
- Smart Dog Buns, regular buns
- Mustard, mmmmm
- Tomato, I had leftover grape Toms-sliced longways
- English Cucumber, diced
- Celery Salt
- Onion, diced
- Tortilla Chips, on the side or choose other side
No instructions needed (I’d hope) 🙂
Chicago-style Vegan Hot Dog Cost Science:
- Smart Dogs (8) = $3.99 @ $0.50 per serving
- Buns (8) = $1.25 @ $0.16 per serving
- Mustard (136) = $1.75 @ $0.02 per serving
- Tomato (10) = $3.98 @ $0.40 per serving
- English Cucumber (10) = $1.99 @ $0.20 per serving
- Celery Salt (794?) = $1.00 @less than $0.01 per serving
- Onion (7) = $1.17 @ $0.17 per serving
- Tortilla Chips (13) = $2.00 @ $0.16 per serving
These are extremely comforting Vegan Dawgs and at $1.62 per serving, they are most worth it on a regular basis. Lightlife does an outstanding job with their Plant Powered Protein and if anyone ever gets a chance, TRY one of their many products. They even blew my mind having JUMBO Smart Dogs.
To all of you getting some snow, be safe & have FUN!