Today I purchased the cardboard refrigerated Biscuits for the first time in my life. It took me a minute to find Vegan Biscuits, but thankfully they are out there. And they were very simple and tasty. They complimented my Gravy extremely well. I’ve made bread a few times from scratch and I do not like to bake. Store bought Bread is well worth it to me.
- Vital Wheat Gluten
- Corn Meal
- Rosemary/Cayenne/FennelSeed, crushed together
- Tomato Sauce
- Veggie Broth
- Bay Leaves/Celery/Peppercorn/Fennel/Rosemary, for baking
- Vegan ‘Cheese’ cloth
- Mix wet ingredients together and dry ingredients separately before mixing together.
- Form into a loaf and put into wet ‘cheese’ cloth.
- Put Seitan loaf into Lasagna pan and put Herbs/Veggies with Broth filling halfway.
- Bake for two hours, flipping loaf in between.
- Remove from cloth immediately and put in foil or use.
- I broiled slightly after out of ‘cheese’ cloth.
- Cashew ‘Milk’, mmmmmm
- Nutritional Yeast
- Garlic & Onion, diced and dry roasted
- Seitan, diced and sliced for garnish.
- Tofu, soft
- Raw Cashew, boiled, strained and chopped
- Cauliflower, roasted and chopped
- Eggplant, sliced, roasted and diced
- Potato, diced and roasted
- Lime, juiced
- Instant Mashed potatoes, thickening agent 🙂
Roast everything and bring to appropriate consistency, simmering. Serve HOT with Biscuits.