Veganism is sometimes a tricky game. In my opinion, it all depends on how you go about the Vegan lifestyle. I’ve said it before and I’m not ashamed on saying that I am 95-98% Vegan. I do not purchase cheese, dairy or eggs. I do not become stressed over Vegetarian ingredients already in something. It’s easier to maintain that lifestyle healthier when you have time and energy to prepare all of your food. If you do not have all of the time in the world, it takes tedious preparations and planning or money to purchase the more expensive “faster foods”.
I will go ahead and include this as a LBV (Low Budget Vegan) idea. I went back to my roots. I thought about my restaurant kitchen manager days and how we used to prepare alfredo with heavy cream. That mindset was my approach this time around. Along with that mindset, was a simple approach. At times, I overcomplicate things to not work in my favor the best that they sometimes could.
- Almond Milk $1.99 @ 8 servings = $0.25 per serving
- Oil & Garlic = $0.08 per serving
- GarlicP/OnionP/Cayenne/Basil/SeaSalt/Pepper seasonings = $0.10 per serving
- Instant Mashed Potatoes $2.49 @ 18 servings = $0.14 per serving
- Fettuccine $1.28 @ 8 servings = $0.16 per serving
With great simple flavor and creamy textures, this pasta made my day! 73 cents per serving is amazing, also! Keep on rockin’! Try Triptych brewery out of Savoy, IL!