Here in the psychotic midwest, mother (F*#ker) nature gave us 2 ½ days of spring. Bikes and Beers must be had before Old Man Winter slaps anyone in the face with a 23° F wind chill on a bicycle (like today).
Illinois weather does really suck sometimes, but if you’re up by the suburbs of Chicago, safe trail Cycling is vastly open to where your mind and body can take you.
On Wednesday, April 11, 2018, the trunk bag was minimally packed on the Trek Darth Vader to trek to Three Floyds and back. And by back, I mean to my parents where they’ll bring my bicycle and I the remaining distance.
Trails taken (that made up of 97% of the entire trip):
- Kishwaukee – Kiwanis Trail
- DeKalb Nature Trail
- DeKalb – Sycamore Trail
- Great Western Trail
- Randall Road Bike Trail
- Silver Glen Trail
- River Bend Trail
- Fox River Trail
- Stearns Road Trail
- Illinois Prairie Path Elgin Branch
- Illinois Prairie Path Aurora Branch
- DuPage County Regional Trail
- Dupage River Walk
- West Branch DuPage River Trail
- Southern DuPage Regional Trail
- Greene Trail
- Veterans Trail
- Centennial Trail
- Old Plank Road Trail
- Thorn Creek Red Paved Trail
- Pennsy Greenway
- Munster, IN – Pennsy, Thorn Creek, Old Plank Road were taken back
- I & M Canal Trail (61 miles)
The 365.53 km (227.13 miles) in three days were Beautiful and exhausting. Here are my Relive links:
I have not experienced a bad 3Fs brew. And I don’t think that I ever will. The stay at a new hotel almost next door to 3Fs was modern and wonderful. Please, check out Munster, Indiana and Three Floyds Brewing Company.
Adventure is my exercise.