Nothing beats an economical Mexican-style fiesta! Dense Quesadillas were prepared while quick and easy Nachos were dreamt up. The Quesadillas are as follows:
- Tortilla (8) @ $1.99 = $0.25 per serving
- Daiya (11) @ $4.79 = $0.44 per serving
- Alfalfa Sprouts (8) @ $2.29 = $0.29 per serving
- (pre-made) Pico de Gallo (6) @ $3.89 = $0.65
On a flat (copper) skillet, two Tortillas were warmed. After flipping both, Daiya slices were added to one of the two Tortillas. The slightly charred sides of both Tortillas smothers the Daiya in a natural Quesadilla fashion. After slightly charring on side, the Quesadilla is flipped and topped halfly with more Daiya, Alfalfa Sprouts and Pico de Gallo. And flipping one more time evenly chars the Daiya Quesadilla Taco, simultaneously melting the Daiya greatness.
- Daiya (Included above)
- Pico de Gallo (Included above)
- Tortilla Chips (13) @ $2.69 = $0.21 per serving
- Beans (3) @ $0.74 = $0.25 per serving
- Non-Dairy Cream (32) @ $2.09 = $0.07 per serving
- Meatless Crumbles (4.5) @ $3.99 = $0.89 per serving
The Non-Dairy Cream was added to a saucepan and heated generously. Crumbles, Daiya and Beans were added and brought to an expanding boil. Heat was reduced and the Sauce was stirred. Depending on portions, A little more Cream or Daiya should be added for proper consistency.
Summing up to $3.05 per serving, the heartiness and lack of animal cruelty mixed with amazing flavor and texture, is extremely Low Budget Ⓥeganism.