Aldi Vegan Hot Dogs were tried and enjoyed for the first time today. A year has passed since my last LBⓋ (Low Budget Ⓥeganism) post. If you dig deep enough, I promise you, they started with LBⓋ#1. Here is a link, Zelda….
These Ⓥegan Dawgs do have more preservatives than I’d care for, but were still consumed and delicious. Here is the equation that will explain how I list and price the ingredients.
Ingredient (servings per container) @ $Container.Price = $PricePER.Serving
At the end, the overall Price Per Serving is tallied and summed to an overall price that seems accurate of how much all of the ingredients cost per serving.
- Sauerkraut (21) @ $2.69 = $0.13 per serving
- Mustard (112) @ $2.18 = $0.02 per serving
- Tomato (2) @ $0.25 = $0.13 per serving
- Onion (6) @ $1.59 = $0.27 per serving
- Cucumber (8) @ $0.88 = $0.11 per serving
- Buns (8) @ $0.85 = $0.11 per serving
- Vegan Hot Dog @ (5) $2.99 = $0.60 per serving
This Dawg would tally to $1.37 per serving. And even cheaper if all of the ingredients were purchased at Aldi.
Go ride a bicycle. Drink a good Beer. Watch Baseball. Enjoy a Ⓥegan Dawg!