Here in Northern Central Illinois, spring is just about contemplating and flinching when the teacher called Spring’s name. In Illinois, the climate changes every day. And occasionally you witness all four seasons in one day, especially between the true seasons. Furthermore an awesome excuse to go crazy with soup and chili. Going out with a bang is always up my sleeve. That bike up top is strange, yet intrigued my because of broken spoke issues. No spokes there.
There is a band Clutch. I first heard Clutch in my teenage years. The song that I remember most from the beginning of my Clutch experience is Spacegrass, recorded 1995 and probably heard by me in 2000 ish.
I tried various beers from Short’s Brewery way out west in Bellaire. The Fresh Prince doesn’t even know about this as this Bellaire is in Michigan. This beer, Space Rock, automatically made me think of this song and an exact correlation took place (in space).
They were all very drinkable. I’m not gonna pretend that I can depict every note of every beer. I know good beer from bad beer and everyone who I pretend reads my flog-blogs should know that while knowing I don’t measure my ingredients.
Low Balance Veganism 16:
Oil-free, basically fat-free and totally flavorful
- Broth, Veggie (4) @ $1.98 = $0.50 per serving
- Zucchini Squash, quarterly sliced (8) @ $1.75 = $0.22 per serving
- Onion, chopped (4) @ $0.80 = $0.20 per serving
- Celery, chopped (5) @ $1.25 = $0.25 per serving
- Carrots, diced (12) @ $1.25 = $0.10 per serving
- Green Beans, chopped (6) @ $1.49 = $0.25 per serving
- Basil, freshly chopped (4.5) @ $2.98 = $0.66 per serving
- Parsley, freshly chopped (15) @ $1.00 = $0.07 per serving
- Tomatoes, freshly seeded and gutted (12) @ $3.98 = $0.33 per serving
- Tomato Sauce (2.5) @ $0.49 = $0.20 per serving
- Garlic, freshly minced (3) @ $0.35 = $0.12 per serving
- Tofu, extra firm yet crumbled (6) @ $2.98 = $0.50 per serving
- Brown Rice, cooked (13) @ $1.33 = $0.11 per serving
- Black Rice, cooked (8) @ $5.98 = $0.75 per serving
- Seasonings(SeaSalt/Pepper/BrownSugar/BalsamicVinegar /OnionP/GarlicP/CrushedRedPeppers/Cayenne) = $0.10 per serving
- Baked Garbanzo Beans (13) @ $1.49 = $0.12 per serving
- Bay Leaves, later removed = $0.10 per serving
Being oil-free I oven-roasted my core veggies and then added all to stew in harmony together.
Making completely from scratch (except for store-bought broth) makes a big impact in the quality of soup. And at $4.58 per serving for the quality and vast servings that can be produced, this is cheaply great soup to motivate springs arrival.
Short’s Brewing Company beers tried:
- Space Rock – Pale Ale (3.75 Untappd bottle caps)
- Huma Lupa Licious – IPA (3.5 Untappd bottle caps)
- ControversiALE – IPA (3.75 Untappd bottle caps)
- Soft Parade – Fruit Beer (4.25 Untappd bottle caps)
- Bellaire Brown – Brown Ale (3.25 Untappd bottle caps)
The highest rated Short’s Brewing beer was the Soft Parade. A very decent beers from a good brewery in my book. I cannot wait to try more.