I have fell in love with Black Rice. It not only is unique, it is extra nutritious and it is damn tasty. According to Wikipedia,
“The bran hull (outermost layer) of black rice contains one of the highest levels of anthocyanin antioxidants found in food.”
Low Budget Ⓥeganism 14
‘Cheese’ Sauce ingredients:
- Daiya, block ‘cheddar’ – chopped (7) @ $5.98 = $0.85 per serving
- Sriracha (96) @ $2.97 = $0.04 per serving
- Seasonings (GarlicP/OnionP/BrownSugar/LiquidSmoke/SeaSalt/ Pepper/CornStarch) @ $0.07 per serving
- Broth, Veggie (4) @ $1.99 = $0.25 per serving
- Heat VeggieBroth/Seasonings/Daiya/Sriracha and simmer.
- Control consistency with CornStarch/Broth. Stir often.
Broccoli ‘Cheese’ Rice ingredients:
- Broccoli, frozen florets – steamed (5) @ $1.49 = $0.30 per serving
- Black Rice, cooked (9) @ $5.98 = $0.66 per serving
- Basmati Rice, cooked (16) @ $3.19 = $0.20 per serving
- Seasonings(SeaSalt/Pepper/OnionP/GarlicP) = $0.05 per serving
- ‘Cheese’ Sauce, heated = $1.21 per serving
Cook and season Rice. Steam Broccoli. And smother the life out of those florets with hot ‘Cheesy’ greatness. The health benefits compared to cost is amazing. And the mixture of cheapness, flavor and healthiness is unsoberly staggering. Per serving, the cost of this LBV is $2.42. It leaves more expenses for good beer, healthier food and better bicycles!