Last year, I wanted to share 10 LBⓋ ideas. Low Budget Vegan is more fun to me than probably helpful to anyone else. As I do not have anyone ever reading these, it is a better way of organizing ideas and hopefully one day I’ll influence someone to go Vegetarian, Vegan or just to cook for themselves.
I bought new wheels for my (bicycle) Trek Darth Vader, hence low budget Veganism. Don’t get me started with these wheels. They have already been returned for a wheelset that’ll work for me better. Anyways….
LBⓋ 13/10 Lentili ‘Cheese’ Fries ingredients:
- Daiya, block ‘cheddar’ – chopped (7) @ $5.98 = $0.85 per serving
- Fries, frozen & roasted (9) @ $2.98 = $0.33 per serving
- Lentil, canned soup – simmered (2) @ $1.50 = $0.75 per serving
- Sriracha (96) @ $2.97 = $0.04 per serving
- Seasonings (GarlicP/OnionP/BrownSugar/LiquidSmoke/SeaSalt/ Pepper/CornStarch) @ $0.07 per serving
- Broth, Veggie (4) @ $1.99 = $0.25 per serving
- Heat Lentil Soup/Veggie Broth and simmer. Heat VeggieBroth/Seasonings/Daiya/Sriracha and simmer.
- Control consistency with CornStarch/Broth.
- Oven-Roast fries and construct.
This would’ve been made cheaper and better from-scratch, unfortunately time was not on my side and this dude was hungry. And at $2.29 per serving this cheaply and timely produces 3-5 hearty servings and is a healthier comfort food. To be remastered….
Happy Friday! I recommend enjoying a great beer, having some excellent plant-based food and watching PlantPure Nation on Netflix. Of course, after going for a FatBike ride in the snow as I did last night. If possible.