My mother, the wonderful angel she is, made Vegan Chili for me the other night. It was nothing spectacular other than her kindness and simplistically comforting Chili flavor. I decided to try out block Daiya for the first time and prepare Chili ‘Cheese’ ‘Steak’ Fries. I also included a Chili recipe within my Low Budget Ⓥegan concept.
Last night I purchased a used, but basically new FAT BIKE as most components were not used except for wheels and frame. It has been nicknamed Arrogant Bastard.
I often come across things on Netflix that are popular and OK, but not very good in my opinion. I sometimes continue to watch them because hunting for something you feel like watching is the entirety of the battle. And then I came across this and the war has been victorious!
Low Budget Ⓥegan Chili 10/10 ingredients:
- Celery, diced (13) @ $0.39 = $0.03 per serving
- Onion, diced (5) @ $0.80 = $0.16 per serving
- Carrot, diced (12) @ $0.84 = $0.07 per serving
- Sweet peppers, diced (2.75) @ $2.50 = $0.91 per serving
- Stewed Tomatoes (6) @ $2.19 = $0.37 per serving
- Tomato Paste (5) @ $0.58 = $0.12 per serving
- Broth (4) @ $1.98 = $0.50 per serving
- Dry Pinto Beans (13) @ $1.12 = $0.09 per serving
- Dry Kidney beans (13) @ $1.16 = $0.10 per serving
- Dry Black Eyed Peas (13) @ $1.52 = $0.12 per serving
- Corn, canned (3.5) @ $0.50 = $0.15 per serving
- Seasonings: GarlicP/OnionP/Paprika/Salt/Pepper/ BrownSugar/Cayenne = $0.06 per serving
- Saltines (30) @ $1.78 = $0.06 per serving
- I decided to cut out the use of any Oil for this Recipe.
- I pre cooked Beans together for 60-75 minutes.
- I chopped all Veggies and strained Beans and Corn.
- Add Tomatoes and Paste. Fill Paste cans with Veggie Broth and add all ingredients with remaining Broth.
- Add Pasty Broth and Season
- Bring to boil, cover, simmer and periodically stir
- GO FOR A FAT BIKE RIDE IN THE WET AND COLD AND COME BACK AND ENJOY!
It may be a bit deceiving at a whopping $2.74 per serving for this Chili, but the amount of serving are plentiful.
The block Daiya ‘cheddar cheese’ did not melt as I thought it would, but was extremely tasty!
Chili ‘Cheese’ ‘Steak’ Fries ingredients:
- Potatoes, sliced and grilled (20) @ $2.99 = $0.15 per serving
- Vegenaise, mmmm (64) @$9.98 = $0.16 per serving
- Spinach, sliced (12) @$2.99 = $0.25 per serving
- Chili, mmmm = $2.74 per serving unless MOM makes it for you 🙂
- Daiya ‘cheese’ (7) @$5.95 = $0.85 per serving
- Grill Potatoes
- Slice Spinach and Daiya from block
- Place Potatoes on plate and bake with heated Chili and Daiya.
- Add Daiya and Vegenaise 🙂