Back Burner Ragu Marinara ingredients:
- Celery, finely diced
- Carrot, finely diced
- Onion, finely diced
- Garlic, diced
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Veggie Broth
- Tomato Paste
- Chopped Tomatoes, canned or fresh (deseeded)
- Cook Garlic, Celery, Onion & Carrot before adding everything else.
- Simmer for hours, stirring.
- I used Brown Sugar this time and I put a splash of Liquid Smoke
I decided to cancel my plans on making Seitan ‘Parmesan’ in order to ride a Gran Fondo on my only day off in the last week. At times, I have been motivated to suffer through various rides. One, to make me stronger and two, to deplete any frustrations and stress life can bring. This stress killer was a ride with 20-35 km/h headwind. I chose to turn my Back Burner Ragu Marinara into a soup.
Creating things that are versatile keeps you on your toes and free to motivate your imagination in the kitchen. Just like recipes, plans do not have to be kept and should be open for changes and involve freedom.
- Back Burner Ragu Marinara, simmering
- Cashew Milk
- Tofu, soft
- Eggplant, chopped
- Potato, chopped
- Cauliflower, chopped
- Green Pepper, diced
- Asparagus, chopped
- Tomato, chopped
- Celery, chopped
- Mushroom, sliced
- Onion, diced
- Nutritional Yeast
- Roast Veggies to desired doneness.
- Add Tofu & Mushrooms towards the end of desired doneness, or not.
- Simmer Cashew Milk with seasonings while Veggies are roasting.
- Add roasted greatness to Sauce and enjoy 🙂
Last night I spontaneously decided to make pasta from my Soup. And also decided and brainstormed Ⓥeatballs. The last time I made meatless ‘meatballs’, I was not even Vegetarian yet. I took a different approach and had fun with the idea. The results were very rewarding and extremely tasty.
- Fennel Seeds, roasted
- Eggplant, roasted & diced
- Garlic, minced
- Raw Cashew, pulverized
- Raw Almonds, pulverized w/ skin
- LightLife, ‘beef’ & ‘sausage’ – diced
- Bread Crumbs, plain
- Corn Meal
- Vital Wheat Gluten, not too much
- Idaho Spuds Instant Mashed, classic
- Cashew Milk
- Roast Fennel Seeds and Eggplant together and cool slightly before dicing.
- Start mixing dry ingredients first before wet and more wet ingredients just to ease my anal-ness.
- I decided to add Vital Wheat Gluten last just because I was unsure of how it would mix. I added a bit at a time while mixing with one hand until I found my ideal consistency.
- Form into balls and bake before broiling to finish with some color and char flavor.
Pasta ingredients Ⓥ:
- Bow Tie noodles, cooked entirely in Sauce
- Roasted Ⓥeggie Soup, simmering
- Spinach, sliced like Basil
- Ⓥeatballs, fresh out of oven 🙂
- Make sure noodles have cooked in sauce.
- Add sliced Spinach.
- Plate Pasta with Ⓥeatball.
- Enjoy a beer and be happy:)
Currently on Netflix incase you’d like to GEEK OUT:
The Physics of Light