Yesterday was my very first experience buying, cooking and consuming Earth Balance Vegan ‘butter’. It was extremely enjoyable and I’m officially now a lifelong customer. Along with Vegenaise, Earth Balance is better than animal-based dairy. SERIOUSLY. It could be the evolution of my palate, but serious tastiness anyway you consume these wonderful plant-based products is a no brainer.
Saturday night, immediately after work, I went for a ride via towpath to drink some beers and make a small night out of it. I noticed the super moon and was extremely impressed with the visuality of a normally immensely dark (death metal) towpath. I still used my light, but would’ve been fine without my NiteRider Lumina 700. When the moon casts shadows, you (me) know its close to our earth. For the second time this year, I completed a (my) local bars Hall of Foam where you get your name on a plaque for drinking 50 different beers. It was a great night! (Warning: not all in one night)
Here in northern Illinois, it has been unseasonably warm this September. And yesterday was the first Fall-like day this year (2015:). Chili (and Soup) season is HERE! Last night, after work, I had to make a buttery pasta with the amazing Earth Balance. I decided to make a Mexicano (Ⓥ) Pasta and I’ll just go ahead and call it Mexicano Ⓥasta.
- Earth Balance ‘butter’, mmmmmmmmm
- Garlic, minced
- Carrot, sliced small longways
- Onion, (red) diced
- Sweet Potato, WITH PEEL ON (try it!) chopped
- Cilantro, I used frozen cubes
- Kale, frozen & NONGMOProjectVerified
- Corn, kernels
- Tomato, grape sliced
- Rice, Jasmine & cooked
- Lentils, cooked
- Radish, sliced
- Mushroom, sliced
- Eggplant, chopped
- Squash, Zucchini & chopped
- Angel Hair pasta, cooked al dente & not rinsed
- Thickening agent, instant mashed potatoes
T minus ______ until blastoff:
- Added a bit of Oil to heated pan and sautéed Garlic with Carrot, Sweet Potato, Onion & Eggplant while cooking Jasmine Rice and Lentils on another burner.
- I added seasonings, Corn, BalsamicVinegar & Zucchini, covering for a few minutes.
- Once Rice/Lentils are done, I strained and added with Earth balance ‘butter’, Cilantro, Tomato, Radish & Mushroom, covering on a simmer.
- I cooked Angel Hair (Capellini for those Italians:) al dente and strained. If you’d like, a little Oil on pasta…
- I added a few pinches of instant mashed potatoes as a thickening agent and served over plated pasta!
I couldn’t stop eating this pasta. Not literally, but just about. I might eat the leftovers for breakfast!
I hope everyone is having a great week! I also hope no one witnessed any crazies during this Super Moon.
And go Chicago Cubbies! Happy Wednesday!