As most of you should know, Fall is upon us, being almost September. This is when I am in my cycling prime and the weather is usually outstanding. That is, in Illinois, anyways. Sometimes it’s literally freezing in November. The month September is always great.
(I also, as most should know, I suck at finishing my blogs as it is now September third:)
(Also, this week has been in the 90’s F or 30’s C, but that’ll be in the next blog)
Along with the amazing cycling weather brings Fall-style beers. Whether it be Oktoberfest or Pumpkin/Yam beers, I am a big fan.
I am not a fan of short days and “Daylight Savings”. “Daylight Savings” does nothing other than waste electricity. People do not wake up like they used to. Farmers are just about extinct. I can’t even get myself started on factory farming-I will go on forever. The majority of people are awake and about in the evening. Let’s cut our electricity costs?
In later September, I will partake in my very first organized ride. It is basically a metric century (110 km) of gravel and rough/tough terrain. I’m super excited! I’ve been kind of on the fence about Veganism… Not, on the fence, maybe it’s just not been as easy as I thought it would be. Consciously, it’s easy, but it’s when you’re not checking ingredients when ya (me) fuck up.
- Chipotle BBQ Sauce containing anchovies
- Chewable Vitamin C tablets containing Lactose/Milk
I’m not a beer prude who reviews beers like I can distinctively taste and smell the different notes. I’m not a poser and I only bullshit about things I do know.
Go listen to the album High Country by The Sword. It’s basically New Age Classic Rock?
Mammoth Ⓥurger ingredients:
- Mexican Concoction
- Morning Star Roasted Garlic & Quinoa, Vegan & NONGMO baked and diced
- Hash brown patty, baked and diced
- Corn Starch, starchy
- Go Veggie! “cheese”, non-dairy
- Daiya, mmmmm
- Tempeh, grilled
- Zucchini, grilled
Mexican Concoction ingredients:
To the best of my knowledge Mexican Concoction ingredients:
- Brown Rice
- Split Peas
- Eggplant, iThink
- Japonica Rice
- Pinto Beans
Slightly overcook everything.
- Mix everything together to a nice consistency.
- Save Daiya, Tempeh & Zucchini for later usage.
I decided to take a different approach to a sandwich. I basically wanted to make a cake and turn it into a sandwich.
- I sprayed a pan with some oil. Which when it claims to be fat free, it’s complete bullshit. It’s fat free with the serving size being basically nothing.
- Cake formed the tasty mass and baked, flipping with a inverted pizza pan over top after a good 12 minutes.
- If the 12 minutes were not good drink a beer in three minutes and then flip with the pan science.
- Bake another 10.
I do not not keep times, timers and measurements in mind. I’m basically bullshitting these times 🙂
- Sprinkled with “cheese” and broiled.
- Add grilled Tempeh and Zucchini
- Cut like a pizza and stack on bottom bun
- Broil Daiya over top and enjoy
These are the recent Fall beers that I’ve enjoyed. They were all tasty. The best being the Pumpkin Smasher from Big Muddy. Go for a ride, enjoy a beer and take a few pics! Be healthy 🙂